Environmental Management System
New Hope's Environmental Management System assists to improve environmental performance by increasing awareness, optimising operational control, monitoring compliance and enabling continuous improvement.
The system is based on scientific studies, internal and external environmental expertise, extensive operational experience, environmental guidelines, advice provided by various statutory authorities, and best practice environmental management approaches.
Key features of our program include:
- End-to-end environmental management integrated into all phases of project planning and delivery
- Holistic programs that address noise, air, dust, water, waste, energy, flora and fauna and the broader local environment
- Investment in detailed studies to ensure all potential environmental impacts are understood and control strategies employed to address them
- Ongoing monitoring programs to ensure that our actions align with our intentions and comply with statutory limits
- Evaluation of new and innovative environmental control measures for potential implementation and continual improvement through performance reviews
- Consultation with external stakeholders to strengthen our performance and contribution
- Progressive rehabilitation to return mined land to productive and, where possible, commercially viable uses